Saturday, May 30, 2009

May 30, 2009

Too long since training! I got to roll on Tuesday, but that's not close enough.

We spent most of our time working position drills, which I really found beneficial. The guy I sparred with, almost exclusively, is a strong and fast wrestler...he gives me problems. So, starting in various positions really helped me.

I was able to escape mount and side control and hold guard well. I was also able to pass his guard, get mount and attempt finishes from there. My top game is decent, but I only have a few closing options. I need to work on some chaining techniques, to get more submission attempts in...give the guy something to think about.

I have a hard time with sweeps from half guard, guard....anything with a solid wrestler in top position. No surprise there...but I'd like to be better at it. I've worked that transition into butterfly and half butterfly. I think I need to keep adding that into the mix.

I also need to look at some arm breaks for the arm bar. A lot of people have stalled me out on arm bars lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment