Friday, April 29, 2011

Counting Calories 2

On April 5th, 2011, I was given a goal. I was told to lose 20 pounds before my blue belt testing on June 17, 2011. At the time, it seemed like a daunting task. I've never actually dieted before, simply using more exercise to reach my weight loss goals.

This morning, April 29, 2011, I reached that goal. I can hardly believe how quickly and easily I've lost this weight. Everyone has been asking me what I'm doing differently and, to be honest, the best way to describe it is that I'm on the "eat less and better" diet. No one likes to hear that.

Simply put, I've almost entirely cut breads, pastas and potatoes from my diet. I've severely limited sugars, occasionally allowing myself ONE really sweet thing every few days. I've counted everything I've eaten or drunk, without limitation. I've weighed myself every day to see the trends in how my eating different types of foods encourages and discourages weight loss.

If I could stress one thing the most, protein. With the work outs I'm doing, my body craves proteins. Every calorie dedicated to protein is pretty much a calorie that will never survive, being used almost immediately for the recovery of my muscle after work outs.

Anyway, I'm done....with the goal, but I'm not done with this new diet. It's something that I can easily sustain for a while, so I'm going to keep it up until June 17, just to see what I can lose. Then I'll think about moving my calorie intake up to a maintenance level.

No comments:

Post a Comment