Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday Night Class

Had a great technique class today, though it was seriously hot. The thermometer said over 95 degrees for at least a few minutes in there.

We worked triangles for a long time and got to see a few set ups, which was good since I failed my triangle attempt at my last competition.

We also worked on the entry to the arm triangle from mount and a sneaky secondary attack, in the form of an ezekiel choke. Very nice.

We also worked a nice little flow drill to feel some transitions. We started mount and pushed the arm for an Americana, slid up to S-Mount on the defense, worked the arm bar, allowed the roll out and set up the triangle, allowed them to sit out and switched to the omoplata and then finished with a toe hold. It was nice.

Finally, I got to roll with Matt for a while and work on my half guard passing. He's so good at getting under you for the sweep.

No comments:

Post a Comment