Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Great night

I love judo and BJJ sparring nights. I love technique nights too, but there is something about the cardio push that I get on nights that I attend two classes in a row.

Tonight was a great night. We went over some great foot sweep options, which is something I've been looking forward to getting better at. It's very much like ball room dancing, gone wrong.

Sparring tonight too was a blast. I was able to stay in for every match and actually go after it, so my cardio is improving. I was also able to pull some things off, so my technique is improving.

I'm starting to feel like I belong amongst the better people there. I'm still at the bottom of the totem pole, for sure, but I'm not hopelessly out of place. I give them something worth working on, even when they work me pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment