Friday, November 5, 2010

Before: Best of the Best

Just figured I'd post a before discussion here, noting that I'll be competing tomorrow at the Best of the Best BJJ tournament tomorrow.

I'm pretty excited about getting to compete again, which will make my third time this year. I've had a fairly decent year, winning more than I've lost, so I'll take it.

My hope is that I can just maintain that trend as I move up in levels of competition, winning more than I lose.

I'd like to be in better shape, but I've just come off a teaching position at Creighton Law (trial team) which was taking much of my time. My team did well, taking second at the Quinnipiac Mock Trial competition, so I'm glad that I was a part of it.

That being said, I'm a bit softer and less well conditioned than I'd like. The up side is that I'm at least more proficient in take downs and take down defense than I've ever been, having taken judo for the last 3 months. I'm very comfortable from a standing position and will be looking for take downs whenever possible. Someone my size should really try to start from a top position.

We'll see what happens when I report back tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment