Friday, July 30, 2010

Closed guard sweeps.

Today we worked the transitions in closed guard sweeps like the knee push or scissor sweep.

After doing the sweep, you can begin to set up the cross collar choke (in case you are bridged over right away) or swinging into an arm bar after being rolled.

I'd prefer to maintain the position though and was shown how to avoid the upa and bridge by sliding into S-mount.

Following that, we worked on using an arm drag to set up the pendulum sweep or to get head and arm control for a sweep into mount (and eventually side control, to finish the arm triangle). I have a very hard time getting my arm in the right place. I'd like to pretend that it's because I have enormous, python-esque biceps, but really I just need to get better about getting deeper with the arm.

Finally, we worked on closed guard sweep when they stand up. It's the classic arm under to shoulder, push into that knee with your hips and then walk your arms around to get into mount. I like this sweep, but see myself transitioning into De Le Riva more and more now.

Finally,

No comments:

Post a Comment