Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Foot locks and knee bars

So, we worked on some regular entries and then some interesting entries to some foot locks and arm bars today.

First, we worked the standard straight ankle lock from combat base. I need to work on bringing my foot to the right place to keep separation, but more importantly, I really need to get the feel of what my body is supposed to do to make the lock work. It's just very new for me to be messing with, but I need to start somewhere.

Next, we worked on the same submission, but getting it from side control when a person goes knee to elbow. If you raise your knee closest to their feet, it moves that ankle into attack position. You can then stand, turn and drop into an ankle lock, but one that is cross body.

If you'd rather try a knee bar, go to knee on belly....but with the opposite knee. You can rest there, seeing what is given. You can attack a toe hold, pull the knee bar or do a nice spin to mount.

Finally, we worked on the proper way to pop up and spin for an arm bar from knee on belly or when you've got someone in north/south with a trapped arm. I need to get this pop better. I think I can work on this by putting my punching bag on the floor and popping up on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment