Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Week three of judo

This was a great week. I got through without hurting myself and was feeling so good that I stayed after for sparring in BJJ. Great workout and I'm wiped out.

Judo started with a nice practice for the entry to Ippon Seoinage. I prefer the drop version simply because I feel like I have a hard time getting underneath people, but that will come with time.

Then we spent some time working on Tomoe Nage and different variations of this sacrifice type throw. I really enjoyed this throw a lot because I feel like I can create quite a bit of speed by letting my enormous mass fall backwards.

Finally, we spent time working on holding and escaping different pins, from side control, to kesa gatame and north/south with double underhooks.

I felt so good after class that I was able to stay for the BJJ sparring session, where I received a thorough beating.

No comments:

Post a Comment