Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Triangles, oh my!

So, I worked today on triangles from guard, mount and side control.

For the guard triangles, I need to be better about getting my hips high and biting with my leg. When I get that leg bent properly on the bite, I can produce a lot of downward pressure and fend off them most common pre-locked defense which is posturing. Once locked, I need to work more on creating my angle, dealing with then "in" arm and being prepared to switch (depending on the angle I'm at) to the arm bar or omaplata OR shoulder crawl back to avoid the stack.

For the mount triangle, I need to get better positioning and maintain more weight on the chest when setting this up. Yes, I'll probably always roll to guard to finish this....personal preference, but I need to have it essentially done before doing so.

From side control, I didn't like any of the entries. I'd just rather get mount.

No comments:

Post a Comment