Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dog tired.

It was hot today. So hot, they turned the AC on....still super hot.

Judo was great. We worked on side sacrifice throws. First, we worked on Yoko Otoshi. I really feel like this throw would work really well against wrestlers, who give you so much energy coming right into you. I think that kazushi is vital here, because you must redirect them passed you. Otherwise, you're pulling them down into side control.

We worked something similar, which was like a combination of a side sacrifice and the beginning of a seoinage. Instead of much torque though, the energy came from the fall. I felt very comfortable with this throw and not as much with yoko otoshi.

For sparring, I was jelly, which is good because it forced a little more technique out of me. I couldn't rely on strength at all, because it was spent. I did some decent low mounting from side control and a nice omoplata sweep. I'm also getting quite comfortable with my low posture Tozi pass. I'm noticing that guys are actually not breaking my posture as much as they used to, which is good...I can start working other passes now.

No comments:

Post a Comment